15 December 2008

Stand aside, smelly one

I wrote a Civilization Revolution DS walkthrough shortly after acquiring it. It's the only thing of the sort I've ever attempted; I did it because I loved the game so much.

About a month ago, I got an e-mail from Elizabeth Tobey from 2k Games. I recognized her as the company's representative on the game's official message board -- I'm not registered there, but I was a frequent lurker at one point. She said they wanted to send me a SPECIAL PRIZE for being so nice and helpful. (There's a moral here, kids!) I was thinking it'd probably be a poster or something really cheap, but I was wrong. I was SO wrong.



Hand-painted resin. My wife loves it, too. It's on our mantle now.

Click here for a contextualizing screenshot. (That's not the DS version of the game, of course.)

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Umm. Wow. Just...wow.

Adam said...

I'm not sure I could've made it a mantlepiece, personally, but there you have it.